Thursday, October 2, 2014

September 27, 2014: a Visit to Kraft world HQ and some new Thick Cut bacon

MY LIFE WITH BACON continues with a business visit last week at Kraft world headquarters near Chicago.  I was lucky enough to shop the Kraft company store, with lots of goodies available.  I picked up some bacon jerky, along with the new Thick Cut bacon, which review appears below.  Short post this time.


















I eagerly anticipated cooking up this pound-and-a-half or porcine goodness.  It weighed in at 1 pound 8 ounces; well done, Oscar!  Post cooking it was 8 ounces even, and produced 200ml of bacon fat.

I'm giving this bacon solid 4's across the board.  If you look carefully, you'll see that for some reason, it didn't cook up entirely evenly.  And I needed to cook it in two batches!  Curls were accommodated with kitchen shears. Great succulence, flavor and cripsness.  See you next Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment