Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 28, 2014: Trader Joe's News, and more Pulled Pork

MY LIFE WITH BACON continues this week great news from Trader Joe’s, and with another pulled pork shoulder.



BACON IN THE NEWS 

Tuesday, December 30 is National Bacon Day.  Quick Pulse Blog posted a great recipe for chocolate-dipped bacon, found here.

And now, for the best news of the year, Trader Joe’s is now selling Sriracha bacon jerkey!  Great article here. I’ll be checking it out soon! Nice picture of the product in a Blood Mary above.

THIS WEEK’S BACON IS PULLED PORK from Heinens Grocery in LakGo here for the site.
e Bluff, IL.  Nice cuts of meat; great price.  I prepared the pork according to the recipe from the site “how to BBQ right.com”. 



Of course, I used my home made smoker, using the kit from Big Poppa Smokers, about which I write previously.  This week, I modified it to include a hinge and clamp, which proved to keep it from leaking smoke, and had the additional benefit of better temperature control.

Finally, just some recent breakfast bacon - this one from the North Country.


No comments:

Post a Comment